“Beware of endeavoring to become a great man in a hurry. One such attempt in 10,000 may succeed. These are fearful odds.”
1. Identify one area in your life in which you need to persist even harder to achieve your goal, and then take action in that area.
Getting to college.
2. Identify a goal in your life you did not accomplish because you failed to persist through to completion. What steps could you take today to succeed in that area?
Going to the last home basketball game. If I had been better at time management then I could have taken care of other necessary things before hand so that I would have been able to attend.
3. Identify one goal that you achieved because you persisted and refused to give up, no matter how difficult it became.
I got out of my hitting slump. I went to the eye doctor because it was suggested and I had nothing else to lose and from that day on my batting got better and better.
4. Decide on your major definite purpose in life, the one goal that if you achieved it, would have the greatest positive impact on your life.
5. Write down your goal clearly, make a detailed plan of action to accomplish it, and then tell yourself that “failure is not an option.”
I will graduate high school with an advanced diploma. Failure is not an option. I have already made it this far, so even with baseball season ongoing right now, I will continue to strive for that brass ring, and take it!
6. Make a decision today that you will persist until you succeed, no matter what happens, because “I am unstoppable.”
7. Resolve to set and achieve one important goal, overcoming the inevitable difficulties, problems and setbacks you will experience, and to work at it until you succeed. Repeat this process over and over until persistence becomes a habit.