“Leaders aren’t born they are made. And they are made just like anything else, through hard work. And that’s the price we’ll have to pay to achieve the goal, or an goal.”
1. Make a decision today that you are going to become one of the top 20 percent of people in your company-and your industry. What should you or could you do differently?
Apply the Law of Three and see what three things could I do and discipline myself to do every day all day long.
2. Make a list of everything you do in your job and the identify the three tasks that contribute the greatest value to your work and company.
Take out the trash in the gym, Take out the trash from the chapel, and help clean the gym as other areas are needed.
3. Set a new work schedule for yourself and begin to start earlier, work harder, and stay later until it becomes a habit.
4. Identify the most important results you are expected to achieve in your job, and the work on those results all day long.
I am expected to do my work well, and within a reasonable amount of time. I am expected to successfully work with my co-workers and when they are not there, I am expected to work harder and smarter.
5. Determine the person who is the best dressed and groomed in your company, and them resolve to use him/her as a role model for your own appearance.
6. Decide today that, from now on, you are going to actually work all the time you are at work and that you are going to develop the reputation for being the hardest working person in your company.
I already am as far as my job description goes, but I can strive to work harder and this will earn me even more pay as if I were part of that “80 percent”.
7. Develop a sense of urgency. Resolve to move fast when you are given a job or opportunity. This can change your life.