“In reading the lives of great men, I found that the first victory they won was over themselves; self discipline with all of them came first.”
-Harry S. Truman
1. Make a decision today to take completer control of your financial life, get out of debt, and achieve financial independence.
2. Determine your net worth today. Add up all your assets, subtract all your debts and liabilities, and calculate the exact number.
3. Set up a separate bank account and begin saving at least 1 percent of your income as you receive it every month or paycheck.
4. Make a list of all your debts and begin paying them off, starting with those carrying the highest interest rates.
5. Calculate the exact amount that you will need to be financially independent at the end of your career and then set this as a goal.
6. Set specific financial accumulation goals for yourself for each month, quarter, and year for the rest of the your life.
7. Practice frugality in spending by putting off and delaying every expenditure you possibly can until you achieve your long-term financial goals.